miércoles, 29 de septiembre de 2010

Back to Cory Carmean's music: Dying Euforia's drummer & "Keepsakes" solo-acoustic-record

It's one year from our first and last talk. I've been following you through your Facebook profile (more than the MySpace page) and I wanted to contact you several times but... time runs.

Last week you published at iTunes your first solo-record "Keepsakes". It's a eight acoustic pieces work. It was a surprise for me because I expected your first record will be your one-man-band metallic side. Honestly, I thought your acoustic side was some kind of preview of your metallic one ¿How has it been to release that acoustic record?

I have been writing, and playing a lot of acoustic stuff for about a year now.. it's just my way of letting out all of my feelings and emotions. I'm glad that I released it.

Can we expect to have your electric songs published also in the next future?

Honestly, the only heavy music you'll be hearing from me for a while will be with Dying Euforia.

At the same time, I've found you playing drums in the return of Dying Euforia. ¿Did you play with that band before they stopped last October or did you joined them later for that return?


I joined the band in March of this year. And finally relocated to Minneapolis to start working with them full time at the beginning of August.

Dying Euforia's live return took place last 09.25. ¿How it was? You seemed very pleased as I could see in your Facebook pages.

The show was amazing.. we broke attendance records at the venue, and the crowd responded well to our new music. The other three bands that performed were amazing as well!

Can you introduce us a little Dying Euforia?

You can check us out on our myspace, which is currently being redesigned, so keep checking back for more updates.
Hace ya un año de nuestra primera y ultima charla. Te he estado siguiendo a través de tu perfil en Facebook (más que a través de la página de MySpace) y en varias ocasiones se  me ha ocurrido contactarte, pero...el tiempo corre. La semana pasada has publicado en iTunes tu primer disco solo "Keepsakes" con ocho piezas acusticas. Me sorprendió porque esperaba un disco del one-man-band metálico. Francamente, creía que el lado acústico era una preview ¿Como ha sido lanzar este disco acústico?
He estado escribiendo y tocando  un montón de cosas acústicas a lo largo del último año... es mi forma de sacar todos mis sentimientos y emociones. Estoy feliz de haberlo lanzado.

Podemos esperar un disco con tus temas eléctricos ?

Francamente, la única música heavy que vais a oir de mi por un tiempo va a ser la que haga con  Dying Euforia.

Si, casi a la vez te encontramos de batería en el regreso de Dying Euforia. ¿Habías tocado con ellos anres de su parada del pasado octubre o te has incorporado en este regreso?

Me he incorporado al grupo en marzo de este año. Y me he trasladado a Minneapolis para poder trabajar con ellos a tiempo completo a principios de agosto.

EL regreso de Dying Euforia en directo fue el pasado 25 de septiembre. ¿Cómo fue todo? Por lo que hemos visto, parece que estábais muy satisfechos.

Fue increíble.. rompimos el récord de público del local y la gente respondió muy bien a nuestra nueva música. Las otras tres bandas que tocaron fueron increíbles también!

Nos puedes hablar de Dying Euforia?

Mirad nuestro MySpace, que estamos rediseñando y seguid visitándolo






Going back to Keepsakes. What's the feedback you've got from that record?

I've heard a lot of good things about it, which makes me really happy.

"You've got talent, kid"
"Some of these songs brought tears to my eyes"
"I hope you end up with this girl that you're singing about. I can tell that the feelings you sing about are real"

When I've been listening to yor songs at Reverbnation, some names came back to my mind: Nick Drake or Syd Barret for instance. I don't mean "it sounds like...", but mostly "it smells like.." at least for me ¿Do you think you have roots in those guys? ¿what will be the musicians you feel closer to your work in this record?

I actually have never heard of them. These songs really just come from what's inside me.. but I was listening to a lot of The Spill Canvas while I was writing them.

As both things happened at the same time (you playing drums in Dying Euforia and the release of your solo acoustic work) ¿Should we expect both activities will go on in parallel in the next future? ¿What about your electric songs?

I will be leaving in January to tour full time with Dying Euforia. I do plan on writing my acoustic stuff, but I'm not real sure when I will have time to record, and release any of it.

Thanks for your answers, Cory.
Volviendo a Keepsakes. Que feedback has recibido?

He oído un montón de cosas buenas sobre él, lo que me hace sentir realmente feliz.

"Tienes talento, muchacho"
"Alguna de esas canciones hizo que se me llenaran los ojos de lágrimas "
"Espero que acabes con la chica de la que cantas. Puedo decir que los sentimientos de los que cantas son reales"

Cuando escuchaba tus temas en Reverbnation, algunos nombre vinieron a mi mente: Nick Drake o Syd Barret por ejemplo. No me refiero al "suena como...", sino al un  "me recuerda.." al menos para mi ¿Crees que tienes raíces en esos músicos? ¿Qué músicos crees que son más cercanos a tu trabajo en este disco?

Realmente no he oído nada de ellos. Estas canciones salen de lo que tengo dentro... pero escuché mucho  The Spill Canvas cuando las escribía.

Como las dos cosas han pasado a la vez (tu a la batería en Dying Euforia y el lanzamiento de tu trabajo acústico) ¿Podemos esperar que ambas actividades continuen en paralelo en el futuro? ¿Y tus temas eléctricos?

En enero nos vamos de gira con Dying Euforia. Tengo previsto seguir escribiendo mis temas acusticos, pero no tengo idea de cuando tendré tiempo para grabarlos y lanzarlos.

Gracias por tus respuestas, Cory.
 

Os dejamos este video que ha colgado Cory del concierto de regreso de Dying Euforia. Concretamente el tema "This Veil of Tears" que podéis escuchar en SPOTIFY.



No hay comentarios: